Installing an aluminum track is a fairly simple project for those with basic carpentry skills.
What You'll Need To Install An Aluminum Track
You'll need the following:
- A measuring tape
- A hammer and nails (or a drill)
- Aluminum track
This is a step-by-step guide on how to install an aluminum track. Safety is important, so it’s crucial that you follow all of the instructions provided here. The last thing you want is an injury while trying to do something that can be done safely in less than 30 minutes!
Measure the area in which you want to install the aluminum tracks.
Step 1: Measure the length of the room from wall to wall.
Step 2: Measure the width of your room from side to side.
Step 3: Measure your ceiling height and floor level, if applicable. This will ensure adequate clearance at both ends of your track so that it can be installed without being blocked by anything else (such as a light fixture) if this isn’t feasible because there’s nothing above or below where you want to install a track, use some common sense when choosing where on each end of your track should be placed on either side, so nothing blocks access once everything is complete without having any impact on lighting fixtures or other items nearby!
Step 4: Measure between windows/doors/etc., if applicable (if not then skip this step). Again make sure there is plenty of space around these openings before continuing further down in this guide since we don't want any interference happening here either!
- Use a pencil to mark the area where you want to install the window track. Make sure your measurements are correct and double-check them against your room dimensions. Draw a straight line on your wall or another surface where you plan to install the track.
Before you start pounding nails, it's important to make sure that the holes are evenly spaced. To do this, get out your measuring tape and measure every 6 inches along the line you drew with your pencil. Once you've measured every 6 inches, use a nail set and hammer to pound nails into the wall at those points.
- Hammer nails into the wall along the line, making sure they are evenly spaced apart. You will use these nails to secure your aluminum track before installing it.
- Use a level to make sure that your track is straight and secure.
Step 5 -
Now that you know how to install an aluminum track, it's time to do just that! Follow these steps:
- Lay an aluminum track on a flat surface and drill holes into it at each of your nail marks so that they are evenly spaced along its length. These holes should be smaller in diameter than the nails that were hammered into your wall earlier. Make sure you drill two holes in every section of the track (front, bottom, back). Your goal is to align each nail with one of these holes so that when you hammer in the aluminum track, it will remain secure and upright.
- Use your hammer again and pound each nail into place until it meets its corresponding hole in the track. If everything has gone as planned thus far, you should now have a sturdy aluminum frame for mounting pictures or other artwork onto your walls!
As you can see, installing a track is not difficult at all. You just need to follow these steps; it will take no time!